Hello friends. Just a quick update. I’ve managed to install Tiki in my DIY webhost (yay!), and things are looking good. (There are some PHP warnings and errors, but since my installation went smoothly, I think that those are just normal.) And so… unless some things go seriously wrong, I will now be using Tiki Wiki for Swordsman Network when I go self-hosted. Or rather, I’ll be using Tiki Wiki for Swordsman Beginnings. Huh?
I’ve been thinking, and I realize that the name Swordsman Network doesn’t really apply anymore to the website I’m building. It will mostly contain my musings, study journal, and devotional reflections — building blocks for my future essays — and so the more appropriate name now is Swordsman Beginnings.
Note: In regards to the resources I’m planning to publish, including the audiobooks, they will now be placed in two separate static websites: Books and Sermons. (For my MP3 player, I’ll just depend on HTML5’s audio element.) Like before, these resources will still be listed on this new website for Network/Beginnings, but they will no longer be curated and given prominence as per my original plan.
Anyway, if you want to take a peek, here now is my newly installed Tiki for Swordsman Beginnings in its brand-new URL: [link removed]. I haven’t done any customizations yet, except apply the “Blogger Profile” and add some instructions for the web server. At the least, I plan to activate the Articles, Wiki, and Newsletter features.